The Ontario Federation of Home and School Associations, is actively offering a co-share work space opportunity in the second floor office space, to begin immediately! The shared office space is advantageous for a small arts or not-for-profit organization, with a small staff compliment.
The Ontario Ministry of Education is currently conducting a consultation that will form the direction of education In Ontario. As a service to our members, the OFHSA Policy Workgroup Leader in collaboration with the OFHSA Board of Managers, developed this information resource using pertinent OFHSA policies to help support our members in completing the survey as grassroots advocates.
To complete the online survey, please register by entering your email address at the link below. Your responses will be received anonymously — and unconnected to your email address.
After you have registered, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with a single use link to the survey. Be sure to add this email address to your safe senders list so the email doesn’t go into your junk mail.
Survey Registration Link: https://registration.fortheparents.ca/
Closing Date: December 15th, 2018
At this time, it is critical that our members provide their voice to help form the direction of education in Ontario. This information resource is based on OFHSA policy and can be used by our members to help guide in completing this online survey, or for future consultations.
It is hoped that our members will also incorporate their local perspective as it related to their involvement in their local H&S Association and school community.
This is one of the most critical times to make your voice heard to help shape education in Ontario. Please use any or all of the responses along with your personal views in completing the survey.
Ministry of Education’s Consultation: Education in Ontario
Municipal Elections are coming October 22nd
H&S ASSOCIATIONS AND H&S COUNCILS SHOULD:
• Stress the importance of trustee elections to all parents and taxpayers
• Distribute information to the community about the role of the school trustee
• Encourage parents to attend public meetings for trustee candidates
• Advertise the date, time and location of any trustee candidate meetings
• Sponsor or co-sponsor a meeting to which all trustee candidates can have equal opportunity to present their qualifications and answer questions about their position on educational concerns and issues
• Stress the important role that trustees have in involving parents as partners in education
• Survey parents to identify their concerns about the education system
• Prepare a questionnaire for candidates about the l local concerns and issues. Collect responses from all the trustee candidates in the area and make the responses available to parents prior to the day of the election.
For information on the role of the Trustee and the public school board, visit the website of the Ontario Public School Board’s Association: WWW.OPSBA.ORG
OFHSA Media Release
Reverting the current Phys Ed & Health Curriculum puts our students at risk
For Immediate Release – July 19, 2018
- In 2018, Ontario is investing $784 million in 79 new and renovated schools. This investment will also create more than 2,700 new licensed child care spaces for children aged 0-4.
- Ontario is providing $10.8 million to help build a new school building for Dennis Avenue Community School, and $4.5 million for a four-room addition at the nearby George Syme Community School. Each project will include five new child care rooms with space for 88 children.
- Since 2013, the government has invested $9.1 billion in capital funding to support more than 160 new schools and more than 460 additions and renovations.
- Ontario is investing up to $1.6 billion in new capital funding over five years to support the creation of 45,000 new licensed child care spaces in schools, other public spaces and communities.
Ministry of Education
Get your Association mailing sent to your Inbox
The Ontario Federation of Home and School Associations are pleased to support your association with information to your inbox! Providing the Associations mailings by email allows us to increase the information we can share at no cost!
OFHSA IS PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE
The Ontario Federation of Home and School Associations are pleased to announce the Federation Officers for the 2017-2018 term, as elected by the Board of Directors.
- OFHSA response letter to Transformation Steering Committee
- OFHSA response letter to ETFO’s Education Funding Model
- OFHSA response to Ontario’s Plan to Strengthen Rural and Northern Education
- Advocacy Letter- Public Health Nurses
- Back to School letter from Minister of Education
- Thank you letter from the Minister of Education
- Minister of Education- High School Graduation Rate 2016
- OFHSA Welcomes New Minister of Education
- Advocacy Letter – History of Residential Schools
- Advocacy Letter – Livelihood Skills and Curriculum
- Advocacy Letter – Public Health Nurses
- Advocacy Letter – Phase I, Child Care and Early Years Act
- EQAO October 24th, 2016
- Ministry of Education – Curriculum Branch