Congratulations to the newly
Ontario Federation of
Home and School Associations
Acting President –Sarah Thomson
2nd Executive Vice-President – Nancy Raymond
3rd Executive Vice-President – Laura Gonzalez
Past-President – Sandra Binns
The 2019-20 President elected was Arlene Morell and unfortunately she is no longer able to fulfill her term of office. The OFHSA Board of Directors have voted that the 1st Executive Vice-President Sarah Thomson be the OFHSA Acting President for 2019-20
OFHSA Board of Directors looks forward to engaging and empowering Home and School Association members, parents, schools and families as active participants and contributors to public education, we help create healthy, accepting schools and vibrant communities.
Thank you for your support,
Ontario Federation of Home and School Associations
OFHSA members make the time to be involved in good decision-making at their school and school board as an independent voice of parents and grassroots advocates, actively supporting public education.
This information resource, based on OFHSA policy, is to be used to help guide discussion around announcements that affect public education in their local school community.
OFHSA response to: Consultation: Education in Ontario (Ministry of Education) 12/19
- In 2018, Ontario is investing $784 million in 79 new and renovated schools. This investment will also create more than 2,700 new licensed child care spaces for children aged 0-4.
- Ontario is providing $10.8 million to help build a new school building for Dennis Avenue Community School, and $4.5 million for a four-room addition at the nearby George Syme Community School. Each project will include five new child care rooms with space for 88 children.
- Since 2013, the government has invested $9.1 billion in capital funding to support more than 160 new schools and more than 460 additions and renovations.
- Ontario is investing up to $1.6 billion in new capital funding over five years to support the creation of 45,000 new licensed child care spaces in schools, other public spaces and communities.
Ministry of Education
Get your Association mailing sent to your Inbox
The Ontario Federation of Home and School Associations are pleased to support your association with information to your inbox! Providing the Associations mailings by email allows us to increase the information we can share at no cost!
OFHSA IS PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE
The Ontario Federation of Home and School Associations are pleased to announce the Federation Officers for the 2017-2018 term, as elected by the Board of Directors.
- OFHSA response letter to Transformation Steering Committee
- OFHSA response letter to ETFO’s Education Funding Model
- OFHSA response to Ontario’s Plan to Strengthen Rural and Northern Education
- Advocacy Letter- Public Health Nurses
- Back to School letter from Minister of Education
- Thank you letter from the Minister of Education
- Minister of Education- High School Graduation Rate 2016
- OFHSA Welcomes New Minister of Education
- Advocacy Letter – History of Residential Schools
- Advocacy Letter – Livelihood Skills and Curriculum
- Advocacy Letter – Public Health Nurses
- Advocacy Letter – Phase I, Child Care and Early Years Act
- EQAO October 24th, 2016
- Ministry of Education – Curriculum Branch